The idea that massage therapy is unimportant and irrelevant to a child's growth is a widespread one. Instead, it offers many advantages to kids with particular health issues or who want to raise their grades or performance in extracurricular activities.
The advantages of massage therapy for children and how the process works are all covered in the following paragraphs.
The working of the massage therapy process:
Giving a massage in New Westminster to a child differs from giving one to an adult. When performing a pediatric massage on a kid, a massage therapist will adhere to the "Five P's": Permission, Pace, Pressure, Positioning, and Parents. Following these five P’s will ensure the process is worked out effectively.
- Permission:A therapist will always ask a child for permission before touching or massaging them. The therapist will stop if your child isn't ready or is tight during the massage.
- Pace:Children won't enjoy an hour-long massage, but adults probably will. Children typically receive a massage from therapists that last 15 to 20 minutes.
- Pressure:While the deep tissue massage may feel wonderful to you, most children would find it far too intense. Children can help the massage therapist determine the right pressure by letting them know what feels comfortable.
- Positioning:Children will typically receive massages while fully clothed, allowing the massage therapist to experiment with several postures to determine the most effective for your child.
- Parents:A massage therapist will discuss your child's needs with you, respond to inquiries, teach you basic techniques to practice at home, and explain why they suggest or carry out a certain movement.
Benefits: Is your kid a musician or athlete? Does your child experience sadness, anxiety, or stress? You're fortunate! These are four ways a massage in New Westminster can improve a child's quality of life and performance.
1- Increases sleep quality
A massage's predicted side effect is feelings of relaxation. Numerous kids claim that the increased serenity and tranquility improve the quality of their sleep and provide them more energy to focus at school and during extracurricular activities.
2- Reduces stress & anxiety
The body releases dopamine while lowering cortisol during a massage. Children who frequently get massages are likelier to feel less worried and anxious at school.
3- Stimulates development & growth
Although older children can also benefit from a massage services in New Westminster, it has long been used to assist preterm infants in growing and thriving. A child's senses and sentiments of acceptance and safety are improved by touch.
4- Helps manage ADHD
Massage therapy can be helpful for parents seeking a natural way to help control ADHD, a common childhood disorder. According to studies, children with ADHD who receive massage treatment report feeling happier, paying more attention, and less fidgety.
Over To You
Although pediatric massage differs significantly from traditional massage, it allows kids to unwind and quiet down.
Would you like to get a massage in New Westminster for your growing child? Royal City Health & Manual Therapy provides qualified massage therapists for your child. Visit our website and you can book your appointment with a few clicks.
Sam Phillip is the author of this article. For more details about Active Rehabilitation in New Westminster please visit our website: newwestminsterphysiotherapy.com